1. Login Screens 2 Ways, A Must See
Username Sign-in for Grade PK-6 Students
Names and Photos Sign-in for Grade 7-12 Students & Staff
Names and Photos Sign-in: Adding a User
Names and Photos Sign-in: Removing Users
Watch out! Authorization Errors!
If the username box doesn't have a suffix (e.g. @wintonwoods.org / @wwstudent.org) and you keep getting this error, let us know and include the serial number!
2. Party's Over, The Lock Screen Is Here
Lock screen enables on lid close or 15 minutes of inactivity. Type your password and it will unlock!
How do I sign out someone that locked the device?
3. Productivity Gains, Start Page & Bookmarks Consolidated
Start page & bookmarks have been combined! Click the Home button to get quick access to district resources.
4. Apps and Extensions: You Won't Believe What's Possible!
Expanded default apps for students and staff
Explore the district curated Chrome Web Store
Install additional apps and extensions evaluated by our tech coaches
Students can now install apps in the "WWCS" Chrome Store category.
5. One Weird Trick To Assessment Apps For Everyone
MAP and AIR are available on ALL Chromebooks, MHM DataManager available on IS, PN, PS student devices only.
6. Three More Things You're Never Too Busy To Read
Password manager - Chrome password manager is not secure by design and does not encourage good password practices so we are disabling it district wide.
- Accessibility features - Accessibility settings (large cursor, spoken feedback, high contrast mode, screen magnifier type) are now turned off (reset) whenever a user logs out or the login screen is idle for one minute.
Chrome OS updates - Chromebooks will automatically update to latest version over a period of 5 days.